Senior HR Consultant – Learning and Development
Job Type: Hybrid - Onsite and Remote in Las Vegas, Nevada
Consult HR Partners (CHRP) is looking for a Senior HR Consultant – Learning and Development to serve our Las Vegas, Nevada client, a fast-growing dental service organization.We are a boutique consulting firm who provides HR Advisory and Outsourcing solutions. Our new Senior HR Consultant – Learning and Development will partner with a dynamic and fun team of consultants who have decades of experience working in the private and public sector including non-profits across multiple industries. Our approach is to always deliver high touch and consultative service to our clients while offering them a wide range of customized HR solutions.
This position manages and oversees all aspects of training and development including creation of training programs and review of current programs to ensure linkage to company goals, building human capital and establishing a strong employee development culture, and performing related duties as assigned.
Strong communication, project management, and budgeting skills are required. Proven experience and knowledge of effective adult learning methods and Human Resources processes are essential. This position requires full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of CHRP and the assigned clients, along with embodying the standards and principles of each organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Learning and Development Focus
- Collaborates with stakeholders and leadership to assess the training and development needs of our client.
- Partners with the Human Resources to implement value-added on-the-job training and leadership development programs to significantly improve employee retention, leadership development, team development, and organizational communication programs and practices.
- Ensures that project and department milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved budgets and managing resources effectively.
- Develops, designs, delivers, and refines clear and concise training content (both e-learning and in-person) across the company including mandatory company modules, job-specific trainings, train-the trainers for SMEs, and supervisory and leadership development programs.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates employee engagement, talent development, and annual leadership events.
- Conducts follow-ups on all completed trainings to ensure compliance, along with conducting post-training results evaluations.
- Facilitates development and implementation of employee performance measurements to gauge success of programs and identify areas of improvement.
- Executes organizational communication strategies to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development resources.
Senior HR Consultant Focus
- Directly supports with Human Resources related tasks that include, but are not limited to, full-cycle recruitment, benefits administration, learning and development, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, compensation analysis, performance appraisals, employee handbooks, and HR systems.
- Functions as point-of-contact for HR support to assist in the achievement of client’s business goals and objectives while providing strategic partnership/advice to internal client’s leadership at all levels.
- Delivers best practice HR programs and practices and partners with the other consultants to develop tools and resources that are value-adds for the client.
- Proactively identifies business and HR objectives/expectations that will benefit client’s leaders – oversees related activities to completion.
- Assists CHRP Principal Consultants and Senior/HR Consultants with specialized and strategic client HR initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Resources related field (e.g., business administration, organizational development, hospitality administration, psychology, etc.)
- 5+ years of HR Manager/HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, Organizational Training Manager and/or training and development experience. Experience focused on learning and development which included training and development needs analysis, curriculum development and facilitation experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to design effective training videos and decks, to communicate effectively, and to present information, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct analyses, to solve practical problems, and to deal with many variables, all while limited standardization exists.
- Ability to represent both CHRP and the clients with professional and respectful behavior towards patients, staff, external practices, and internal administrative departments (including empathy when interacting with clients).
- Willingness to work flexible hours to assist client with their business needs.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise strong attention to detail.
- Ability to independently exercise sound judgement.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and budgets.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical functions in a business environment.
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams.
- Ability to consistently lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work amidst moderate background noise within office space.
- Experience managing training and development functions in a dental or healthcare industry.
- Supervisory experience.
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Society for Human Resources Managers (SHRM) certification preferred.
*Position will require travel to client locations for training, classroom support, etc.